Saturday, May 19, 2012

fan interaction with other fans

I came across this post and really felt the need to share it just because it is something I agree with and because it touches an issue in fandoms everyone hating on Newbies and complaining about how they look alike sound alike and such. This was taken off Asian fanfics which is an odd place to have it posted in my opinion.

I speak only the facts (the real thing about us fans and kpop guys)

by Shani6
Posted on 3-22-2012 07:54:28

Believe it or not, but it's true. It's us fans who cause this.

What am I talking about?

Oh, of course our beloved Kpop groups.

You know i was just sitting and listening to BTOB's new track "Insane" and "Imagine" and even though I hate to admit it, the thought that they sounded like 'B2ST' did cross my mind. Then I began listening to SHINee's "The Reason" and i was suddenly reminded of TVXQ's "Picture of You".

I thought i was being a bitch but then i realized that I wasn't. it is just our physcological thinking. Because groups like TVXQ and Super Junior And SHINee have risen to fame, SME's new groups will always be over shadowed by them. Like f(x) will always be called 'female SHINee' and EXO will be called 'Super Junior Gen.2' no matter what.

Same goes for groups like BTOB, NU'EST, etc.. Big companies release new groups while they have awesome groups already there. Groups who are like World Famous, and fans, no matter what they do, will compare them to each other. Like EXO will be compared to SuJu, becuz of their number, and their tracks will be called 'TVXQ like'. And BTOB, will be called 'Junior BEAST'.

Bascially it's the company's production's fault. They 'think' that they have created a new sounding track, but in the end the music sounds the same to us.

Now if YG comes out with a new boy group, fans expectation will go over the top, and if they don't sound like the 'YG material' then they'll go all 'BOO' on them and hate'em. Believe me I've seen it.

Now, what i don't get is, if they sound like your previous idols, you call them copy cats and if they don't you say, 'Ugh, nothing special about them'. SERIOUSLY!?

Come on, people, open your eyes, the world is chaning by the minute and I think it's time, even though I hate to admit it, that we move on.

After giving a LOT of thought, I'm sure that TVXQ is NOT coming back together, not after the damage caused. and Super Junior has to go on hatius soon anyways, because all of them have to enlist in the army, we don't know what will happen in the future.

One day, B2ST will also get old, and one day SHINee will get old too. SNSD will go their ways as well, and people from AFTER SCHOOL will graduate. Time will pass. We just have to open our arms and accept the fact that the kpop industry needs new idols too. You cannot always rely on the previous ones to make music for you.

*wipes tears* wow, I guess i went over board with SHINee and B2ST huh....I mean, SHINee's still young blood. kekekekek....



okay getting back to my point, please stop bashing new groups and calling them 'B2ST wannabes' or 'SuJu/TVXQ wannabes' etc. It's kind of irrotating now.

sigh.........................



I rest my case.

a comment on the post stated "guia18 on 3-22-2012 14:30:13 says:
I actually see and hear a bit of BEAST in BtoB.
The music and the blonde guy reminds me of BEAST's music during their debut days and Yoseob during debut days.
I think I hear Say No(*Koreanlanguageidon'tunderstan*)in their song."

by the same person as the previous

I know this is not that new...

But have I mentioned...SOME EXO fans are pure vile and mean people. NOT ALL OF THEM. But SOME of Them.

I swear....this one 'fan' blasted me on Youtube becuase I saw ANOTHER Teaser with Kai, and I wanted to see SeHun so I commented, "I am getting bored of Kai, I'd like to see more Sehun and others as well."

And dude, this is where it began. She just commented with imaginary venom dripping from her words, "Listen bitch, if you don't like Kai, then fuck off and don't even bother watching his teasers! Find the one with ur precious SeHun."

I was like -_-"""""""!!


I am a free person living in a free country and I have all rights to express my feelings!!!

I was really pissed but I calmed myself and replied, "Hey, I didn't mean to be rude. You should also try and not be RUDE."

And she goes, "OH YEAH! I'LL BE AS RUDE AS I WANNA BE. WAT WILL YOU DO!?"

And then I was really mad and I really thought, 'Man, is she having her PMS?'

I swear, I get favoritism, and all...And I LIKE KAI AS WELL.


But there was no need to be so fucking rude. She even commented on my channel that, and I quote, 'MEAN BITCH! STAY AWAY FROM EXO OPPAS!'


Talk about...C-R-A-Z-Y.


Hey crazy bitch, if ur on AFF ( I doubt that since AFFites are really nice people who know the language of love and affection) and If ur reading dis( LOL, I know ur an illiterate) then get this straight, I was being nice. If u mess with me again and leave hateful comments on my channel,

I WILL TAKE ALL THOSE COMMENTS OF YOURS ALONG WITH UR OBSSESIVE COMPULSIVE PERSONALITY AND SHOVE -IT-UP-UR-ASS!


Seriously, crazy crazy crazy, mean, asshole.


Yeah, that's about it.


I feel a bit better.


Some of these people are just pure morons. And if such fans exist, it wont be long before EXO gains more anti fans. -_-'


Comments

(blank) on 1-28-2012 14:29:46 says:
omg that was u that I was arguing with?! :O U kno I love Kai Sorry for being so defensive :(

Hahhaa jk~ but seriously that girl was crazy, I once got in a month long arguement over a GazettE video, they were saying that the gazette were the best thing to ever grace the earth and that songs in english are just shit. And I kindly pointed out that they have songs entirely in english and then they made it like I said the gazettE were shit, and I was like whoa whoa whoa, hold it, I'm a gaze fan too, probably more than they were, and it was retarded.

(Blank)says:
Oooh, obsessed much already?
Oh and there are "secret" haters on AFF too, they won't go on and hate here but they bash through other sites like twitter, tumblr, facebook, youtube etc.

(Blank)says:
Actually there's a rumor about Kai being glad that Block B's song got banned and thinks they deserve it. It really pissed me off T.T All of my friends doesn't like Kai anymore. I was excited with EXO's debut and then *sigh*

The only one that makes me watch over EXO is Lu Han >.<

(Blank) says:
There are those kind of people in every fanbase. I experienced a similar situation with a teen top fan so it's better if you just ignore her.

There was an issue on Youtube not too long ago where a french Colombian made a cover of a TOP song but he didn't give credit to TOP and VIP's were extremely rude to him and racist there is a site that had some of the comments written just to show you some of what they had to say about the whole situation.



(Blank)

April 22 2012, 12:46:08 UTC

Well I'm French and I understand what this guy tried to say, he was wrong in the first place because he used TOP's song w/o having the rights but VIPs literally slaughterred him with their hateful comments, bringing up the fact that he was colombian and less important than TOP who's korean (he doesn't say that, but I read a handful of comments like that).
I doubt the fact that he's a real TOP's fan but I think VIPs went overboard, it's ridiculous to be so hateful. I understand his POV, some arguments were out of line. Plus he's not a pro, so it's more like a cover than a remix, he doesn't sell that (who would buy it anyway?) he's clearly an amateur. You failed on this one VIPs, you can come and insult me but the comments on youtube were fucking racist that is.
Well TOP will not comment on this, I hope for you cuz he'd see your hateful comments and that's not what VIPs want...

*LET THE HATE AGAINST ME BEGIN*

[Blank)

April 22 2012, 13:04:53 UTC

Thank you for making everything more clear. Actually I'm sorry that this happened to him, to be at the receiving end of angry fandom is not fun, especially the kpop fandom.
Considering how emotional most fandoms are, VIPs reaction is predictable (about the hateful part). ,But racist comment that (Above Blank) mentioned is even worst.

(Blank)


Oh~ I see, now the picture is more clear. I'm not a fan of Big Bang, so I don't know what is happening in their fandom. But considering that we in k-pop fandom, where people easily overreact, the VIPs reaction is not surprising. It's upsetting that their comment turned out so hateful and also racist which is more upsetting. Not good image for every fandom.

There's a comment about him not claiming the ownership of the track, Many people make a cover and remix on different songs, sometime it's good, sometime it's bad. But I have never thought that it can turn out into something like this.

(Blank)

IA there were quite a few racist comments as well as ones going way overboard. He would've done better if he just credited TOP after the first few people recognized what he did. Best case scenario he should've credited it from the start.

I made a comment saying this was clearly a cover and he never intended to make money, but I saw so many calling him names and wishing he would die and/or he doesn't deserve to make music again. Things like VIPs assemble and take him down, this mob mentality online is awful and really should stop.

All this was taken from a blog that was written on the matter of the youtube video which has been deleted as the guy terminated his youtube account or perhaps it was even terminated for him due to flags. I have seen that happen before.

Fans can be so mean and vicious it's truly scary and extremely unbelievable that they could believe people would be grateful to have such mean minded people as supporters however they need to make a living and those foul mouthed imature fangirls help them do just that.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously people are way to invested in this so called 'kpop fandom'. I am a fan & I have my biases but I don not revolve my every living moment around them. Purchase their music, love them as artists and live your lives just the way they will live their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I'm not passionate enough to do even half of that stuff I love the groups I love and entertainers I love but I honestly do not need to know every detail of their lives. I don't even fish for information on the artists I like if I come across something yay for me.I guess in this sense some would say I do not understand where they come from but I fan girl just as much as the next normal fan ,I buy all the things I can of the group when I am able to . Yes I do not understand them at the end of the day because I am not obsessive and out of control I do not over step the boundaries.

      Delete

let me know how you feel and think about what you have read